TBLS experts have extensive experience working with law firms, individual attorneys, in-house counsel, legislative and governmental counsel, compliance officers and other legal advisors on a wide range of environmental issues, problems and opportunities. Whenever needed, we collaborate closely with other consultants in a wide variety of related fields.
The legal contexts in which we provide critical environmental support include the following:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate and Other Buy/Sell Transactions
- Development of Agreements, Contracts and Terms and Conditions
- Valuation Issues
- Cost Estimates
- Litigation, Mediation and Other Dispute Resolutions
- Negotiation of Settlements
- Design, Implementation and Evaluation of Remediations and Clean-Ups
- Environmental Insurance Placements and Claims Review
- Environmental Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Contamination Issues
- Construction Issues
- “Peer Review” Assessments and Opinions
- Regulatory Enforcements
- Development of Legal Opinions and Memoranda
- Promulgation of Statutory and Regulatory Methodologies and Standards
- Development of “Best Management Practices”
Our skills and expertise cover many major topics, including:
- Financial Solutions, including Stop-Loss Assurance and Liability Buyouts
- Financial Modeling for Long-Tail Liability Management
- Forensic Litigation Support
- Forensic Financial and Liability Support
- Environmental Liability Evaluations
- Environmental Liability Due Diligence and Underwriting Evaluations
- Remediation Feasibility Studies and Design (including for Soil, Groundwater and Sediments)
- Environmental Audits of Insured Facilities
- Regulatory Audits under EPA, RCRA, NRD and Superfund
M&A, Divestitures & Bankruptcy Litigation & Legal Support Services Overview
Resolving environmental liability in an M&A, divestiture or bankruptcy context means mitigating environmental risks and generating greater financial certainty relating to the liability. TBLS brings the analytics, tools, financial solutions and know-how to effectively quantify and settle issues and accelerate deal closing.
Environmental Liability Services Case Experience
TBLS brings both financial and environmental expertise to your legal team. We have worked with environmental attorneys to evaluate, defend and resolve claims and to support underwriting, valuation and regulatory compliance. We have extensive experience in helping attorneys conduct negotiations. We look forward to working with you to help define and implement the steps needed to achieve your goals.
M&A, Divestitures, Bankruptcy Experience
TBLS generates comprehensive and comprehensible solutions for complex liabilities. Whether your objective is cleansing the balance sheet, creating more certainty or exploring ways to control and cut costs TBLS experts have developed the financial strategies and negotiated complex settlements.
Financial Solutions and Environment Liability Buyouts
TBLS generates comprehensive, understandable valuations. From this platform, we formulate both technical and financial solutions for complex liabilities. Our relationships as technical advisor to a reinsurer and hedge fund enable the introduction of innovative options, including long-term cost-caps and buyouts for large long-tail liabilities.
Environmental Sediments & NRD Legal Support Services
Our environmental lead, Jeff Andrilenas, RG, RHG, has won awards for his innovative and cost-saving management of some of the largest NRD and sediment remediation projects. These include Todd Shipyards and the Duwamish River cleanup in Seattle, Washington. For detailed background, see NRD and Sediment Contamination, experience or case studies.
Industry and Cross-Border Experience
TBLS experts have extensive experience and expertise in a range of industries, including energy, chemical, pharma, industrial, mining, wood products, food & beverage, Superfund and Brownfield sites, commercial real estate and REITs, and with respect to cross-border issues. The TBLS team looks forward to working with you to define and Implement the steps needed to reach your goals.
Representative Case Studies
TBLS’s case studies reflect an extensive knowledge of local, state, national and International equivalent regulatory issues. Our team has worked on cleanups, remediations, closures and post-closure care, as well as reporting under CERCLA, Clean Water Act, RCRA/Superfund, NRD, EPA and other applicable laws.